Scooting around the crib....

my daughter likes to scoot around the crib a lot once she had this big stuffed frog in the bed with her and she scooted right under it and got upset because it knocked her pacifier out of her mouth so i already took the frog out she didn't always move this much until now and now i noticed she's kicking up the crib bumper and sticking her feet through the railing on the crib should i be worried about that? i always watch her at night now because im so worried she'll get stuck in her sleep even though she has small feet and has never gotten stuck but i have gotten into the habit of putting a pillow against that railing so she doesn't do it again are there any bumpers that anyone likes more? i have a breathable bumper but she moves it so easily in her sleep now anyone else have a better suggestion for me?

avasmommie711

Asked by avasmommie711 at 4:47 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Having babies in cribs isn't necessarily the best at times. They grow, fiddle, stretch, kick and want some territorial rights. She isn't getting the stretching she needs if she is playing with the bumper that way. Life stretching is good, perhaps is you make sequences of stretching routines for her with you she'll sleep. (after when put down) Keep times set aside for this like a strict part of both your day and hers, they will learn a bunch of things and draw near you in a new way. It's easy to do. Once you start she'll look forward to that time. IT's easy to do but only do so many than stop. I used to let my babies push against my hands, and I'd push slightly back. Gear this to where she is comfortable and it's her favorite thing. In the end the sleep will be longer and as for the bumpers, just make them fitted with the ties, perhaps she is just too big, or needs to have a toddler bed? They are really close to the
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• floor. She will not get hurt.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i didn't even think of a toddler bed i'll definetly look into that and the stretching she likes dancing so stretching would be good for her lol. though her stretching is bouncing on her feet right now but thats a perfect idea i will definetly do that thanks!!!
    avasmommie711

Comment by avasmommie711 (original poster) at 6:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Bumpers are supposed to be removed from the crib when they start being able to pull themselves up to standing....so they can't stand on it, and get that extra inch or two to climb over the rails!

Both of my boys were out of their cribs and in full sized beds--they had convertible cribs (one long side against one wall and with a mesh safety rail on the other) by the time they were two. THAT is when they started really sleeping through the night! They had plenty of room to stretch out, and when they were sick or had a nightmare, my husband or I could lay in their bed with them until they fell asleep.

With the bed in the lowest height setting they were literally 14 inches from the carpeted floor, and as an extra precaution, I placed a body pillow (5 feet long) on the floor next to their bed, with that in place they were about 6 inches from bed to top of pillow!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• my son use to get his legs stuck in the slates, I used a big blanket and shoved it in between his mattress and the rail. Though he was pretty young then, like 8 or 9 months. I agree though, maybe she cant get comfortable and is ready for a toddler bed. Good luck with that!
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010