Why cant i stop biting my nails : (

Since i was a young girl all i do is bite my nails off and i hate it ! I had my nails done for a while and had the fake ones removed omg my real ones were so long : ) Then they all got chewed off again lol any way to stop~

Momofaprince146

Asked by Momofaprince146 at 5:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Health

• you're nervous. You're bored. Do something else, read, clip them alot, and file them. Don't grow them ever until you paint them and keep them short on purpose. Long nails aren't healthy, they get dirty easy.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• or you can try this stuff at walgreens called no bite..... its what we use for my neice and she was just like u...it is like 8 dollars but works good and it is safe.....
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 6:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Me too momofaprince. maybe we should have our own support group, like a wt loss buddy system, but a "no bite" buddy. I have struggled with it and given up. I think I had nice nails for about 2 years from the time I got engaged (and wanted to show off my ring) until I started up again for no reason.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I wish I had some advice for you.  You can't stop biting my way because it was rather drastic and unrelated to the nails, however once my nails grew long I just could not bite them.  It has been over 25 years since I bit my nails.

Maybe you could try twiddling your hair when you get the urge to bite.  That's what I do lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:46 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I chewed on my nails for YEARS. When I had braces, my orthodontist would do fingernail checks sporadically. Even the embarrassment of that didn't stop me. I managed to grow them long for my wedding in 1983, but started chewing on them again soon after that. Then about 4 years ago my husband gave me a gift certificate for a manicure. I was embarrassed to use it until my nails grew out some. They finally did and I had the manicure. Three years ago I started taking piano lessons and my teacher HATES long fingernails! I CAN'T WIN!!! SO, now I keep them fashionably short.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• unfortunately its a nervous habit with most people.....I've bitten mine for as long as I can remember....I've yet to find a anti-nail biting solution that works for me and I've tried them all......
    good luck to you....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2010