Whats wrong with my boy?

he just woke up coughing nonstop, i tried giving him his bottle and he kept crying. I think he might have had a sore throat or something cause when he would cough he'd cry. how could i help his irritating throat?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 6:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i am not sure...im going to bump u though
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 6:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Go to a healthfood store and talk to someone there about something you can give him for a sore throat. It's natural and won't harm him. Try homeopathic. They work great! I hope your little man feels better soon! <3
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• not sure. I would think that if you gave him something warm to drink that could be a temporary fix until you can get in touch with your dr. I know how it is to just want to make your sick baby better. Good luck!
    skycamsmom

Answer by skycamsmom at 6:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Oh and when i have a sore throat i like drinking warm tea with a squirt of fresh lemon. idk it soothes it for me. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Will he eat oatmeal? If so, that would be something warm and easy to eat that may help the scratchiness or dryness in his throat. If you can add some ground cinnamon and a spoonful of honey...the combination of the two is known to help with coughs/colds and a whole host of other health problems.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• you list "asthma" on your profile. do you think it's asthma-related? If you have some albuterol or xopenex, I think you should try it. And call the doctor if he's still coughing.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Depends on how old he is?

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• When my kids cough (or when I do) I cup my hand and pat the lungs (back and chest) hard enough to break up the mucus. I do this often, and it does help. But for your son just remember lots of fluids, and if he feels yukky you can always offer tylenol or something for his throat if it hurts, like dymetapp :(
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 7:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• it sounds like throat to me i would call the dr.
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• steam the bathroom up and take him in, if he has mucus it will break it up and the home made sauna will at least soothe his throat if he won't drink.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010