Can you wear a Salonpas Patch while breastfeeding?

SALONPAS® PAIN RELIEF PATCH / SALONPAS® ARTHRITIS PAIN is the First and Only FDA-Approved OTC pain relieving patch. Two powerful ingredients, ‘Methyl Salicylate and Menthol’, go right to the site of pain. SALONPAS®PAIN RELIEF PATCH/ SALONPAS® ARTHRITIS PAIN reduces inflammation and relieves mild to moderate pain for up to 12 hours.

Ibulili

Asked by Ibulili at 8:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Health

• From what I can tell not enough testing has been done, so I would talk to your doctor and your child's pediatrician and if they say that it is okay then to take it. By telling them both it will allow them monitor your child for any issues. You can also check out the book Medication and Mother's Milk it will let you know what drugs are safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2010