Who else thinks that this is funny?

My fiance has a bad habit of calling the children badnames when they do something wrong or whatever. Last night he called our 3 yr old daughter a dumbass because she trip over his shoe and then started to cry..then he told her to shut up. WHen I talked to him about it he told me that he was being funny when he called her a dumbass..i told him that it wasnt funny. he said people call people a dumbass all the time...i said not anyone I know, especially a child except for you. then he got mad at me for standing up for our daughter...started yelling at me. Does anyone else think this is funny? calling a child bad names like that. That was the final straw. He is not respecting anyones feelings and only thinking about himself. That is the dealbreaker. I'm done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• its not funny, its verbal abuse.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Dealbreaker with me, too.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• it's not funny, and it's not ok to call anyone names especially children!!
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 9:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• no its not funny he should not be calling any of them names i yelled at my husband for doing that and good for you for standing up for your little one he is not worth it
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• that's friggen awful! He is belittling a 3 year old child! Not funny at all! It really pisses me off. In fact, i really hope you are serious about being done with him. You should not be raising your child in a home with a disrespectful loser like that. He obviously does not care for her & her feelings. PLEASE don't marry this guy! Your child will be the one suffering! anyone who thinks its funny to call a child a dumbass, has serious selfish mental issues. I would run. This is no someone who needs to be around children. This is  a man who does not understand respect.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Oh Hell No! He has no right to call any child any bad name at all. You did the right thing, I'd kick his ass out the next time he says something like that to the kids again. Don't let him roll over you with that shit, stand up for your kids and let them know that him saying these things isn't right.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It's not funny. Children are so sensitive at that age. If it keeps up, it will stay with her for the rest of her life. He is immature and childish and a bad influence on the kids, IMO.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i dont think its funny. DH has a bad habit too of doing it sometimes too. but my 4 yr old just turns around and says no daddy your a dumbass. its a habit im trying to break.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• not funny
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Why wait till the "next time"?! You need to send this guy packing now, no debate! That would be the day I let anyone talk to my children like that! How awful to be with someone who verbally abuses your children. Definitely not funny, & if you give him another chance & continue to stay with this guy, you're as guilty as he is.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010