MY SON IS SUFFERING WITH BAD GAS PAINS THAT MAKES HIM WAKE EVERY HOUR DURING THE NIGHT, WHAT TO DO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried gas drops? My daughter used to have bad gas as a newborn...she's 3 months now...we ended up having to change her formula from Enfamil Lipil, to Enfamil GentleEase, To Enfamil Prosobee, to Similac Alumentum finally which worked. =]
    mafia_mama08

Answer by mafia_mama08 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Milocan (sp?) works great for Kaylee if she is having a hard time with being gassy. Gas drops, you can give them to your kid directly, or in a bottle, or however (I do it directly, but right in the middle of feeding her, so that she doesn't spit it up)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Simethicone drops - mylecon? as carolyn above suggested - worked wonders for my girls.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• gripe water you can get it at walmart and it really helped my son
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Mylecon drops worked for us and you can give them to him every two hours if he needs it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• a little bit (tiny baby-spoonful or two) of warm chamomile tea. (not to be made strong....only 1-3 dips!!).... or....make sure to get baby to burp regularly if you can. (this helped ds greatly!!)..... or lastly, put them on their tummy for a bit....
    Anonymous

• This is going to sound funny, but your baby will LOVE you for it! Hold the baby, tummy side down so that your hand is between his/her thighs (holding onto the front of the diaper in the palm of your hand) and his/her ear and cheek is resting just below the inside of your elbow (so the baby is looking away from your body - maybe at a colorful baby video or a mobile or something distracting). Hold in this position against your body at first til you get used to it. oh yeah - dont forget to use the other hand to steady him/her and keep them safe! Swing your torso side to side or bounce baby lightly . the pressure you're adding to their tummy area helps the gas move along. the swings/gentle bounces are VERY soothing. With both my sweeties - crying would stop almost instantly.
    amkarvelis

Answer by amkarvelis at 3:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I do baby yoga for my 4 month old daughter. I lay her on her back, put her feet bottoms together and bring them to her chest like a lotus position. makes her toot everytime.
    ryonnasmom

Answer by ryonnasmom at 4:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would use gas drops and hold her feet together and slowly push her feet where her legs are bent like she is squating. Do this back and forth. Worked wonders on my DD.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 7:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• the disney colic medicine is the best I've found. Good luck :(.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008