Does your hubby or SO use idel threats as a tactic to get you or others to do what they want

My hub is always saying how he can go out and look at, talk to, or fuck other females as a way to get me to see his point to get me to change somthin he does not like

DeeDee737

Asked by DeeDee737 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• And he's still your husband, not your exhusband? That's just uncalled for. If it were my husband doing that I'd tell him to either shut up or leave. There's no reason to continuously talk down to you by saying he can have another woman. I mean, what? Is he saying he's just doing you this huge favor by being with you? Trust me, if he's really like that, he's not doing you any favors.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• he's an a**. he really thinks being immature will make you come around to his way of thinking? lol. oh wow. this isn't high school. i say, next time he threatens (and that's really all it is, he knows no one else will put up with this crap.) to leave and get another woman (like he can go pick one off the street), tell where his car keys are, and not let the door hit him on his way out! call his bluff..he'll either go or stay. either way, i wouldn't put up with his childish behavior. you need a real man, not a boy.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That's called manipulation & you're a fool if you stay with him & allow it to go on. You teach people how to treat you by what you let them get away with. You need to put your foot down right now & stand up for yourself, otherwise you get what you deserve. If you want better, you have to demand better.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That is not a real man! A real man should treat wife with respect and without changing his wife to be what he want. No way! He have to accept her as she is or get out of her life, period!
    CharoMom

Answer by CharoMom at 9:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I went thru the same things. He told me that If I ever kick him out of our home with with police help or getting retrain order that he will never come back. I know he used that scare tactic on me and which I was afraid to lose him. But the time went on and I realized it is not worth it. He said that to me fro time to time. i finally told him go ahead and he did. Now, he realized that he made a serious mistake and he told me that he still love me. I told him that he have to let go out me and move on with his life. I guess he learned his lesson.
    CharoMom

Answer by CharoMom at 10:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• All the males in my life including my own dad would act this way. We knew as a family it was stupid on his part. .. . . Any male that does these things are clearly marking their territory like a lion. They will only bark. It's a inside insecurity give away. So insecure that if they talk this talk enough and only put whoever down in their path, they will think they are so right, and they are so obviously not right. I could and did do this back to them and it wasn't good to feel that emotion like they do. I'd rather say(and did say)
    ..............." well sweetheart, whatever it takes to be you! : )'' or "....I've got someplace I planned to go, by...."
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• no way- he would never talk to me like that.
    CaitsMom408

Answer by CaitsMom408 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You deserve better than that! Talk it over and let him know he needs to stop talking to you this way. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Oh for God's sake.....either get him to a couselor,psychologist ...or dump him. You do NOT need a jerk like that in your life.There is no place for "Idle Threats" in a relationship. He sounds sick. Criminal...not nice.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• In 22 years of marriage my husband and never disrespected me like that and I probably would have smacked him in the mouth if he did.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2010