How long does postpartum wic last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6mon
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Here, for the mom, it's 6 weeks if you don't breastfeed and a recert every 6 months for the baby. If you do breastfeed, it lasts the 6 months for the mom.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If you are nursing full time you can receive it until the child is 12 months old!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My baby is 2 months old and i got vouchers up to my next appointment, and they said they were going to give my oldest 2 vouchers the next appointment then off the wic next and didnt mention if they were me so i dont know but it is more then 6 weeks here in ky.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 10:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Actually across the board it should be 6 months for formula feeding or supplementing mom's and 12 months for breastfeeding mom's.

"The WIC Program is designed to serve certain categories of women, infants, and children. Therefore, the following individuals are considered categorically eligible for WIC:
    Women -- pregnant (during pregnancy and up to 6 weeks
    after the birth of an infant or the end of the
    pregnancy)
    -- postpartum (up to six months after the birth of
    the infant or the end of the pregnancy)
    -- breastfeeding (up to the infant's first birthday)
    Infants (up to the infant's first birthday)
    Children (up to the child's fifth birthday)"

WIC eligibility guidelines http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/howtoapply/eligibilityrequirements.htm
    DixieFlower

Answer by DixieFlower at 10:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I nursed my son till he was 15 months old and I had it until he was a year old. He is only (almost) 2 now, so maybe it varies from state to state? In Iowa it's 12 months as long as you are still nursing.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2010