kinda a breastfeeding vent wondering if anyone else feels this way

my son is 2 weeks breastfeeding is going semi ok. other then he wants to nurse every 30 mins which would be fine but i have 2 toddlers also that im trying to take care of . my husband and i are having problem so hes being a jerk and wont help me with the kids ... im want to breastfeed but sometimes i just want to quite b/ theres no time i cant even find the time to pump so my milk is starting to dry up like it did with my other 2 kids uhuh sorry im kinda rambling but its makeing me so mad should i just quite so im not so stressed or keep going

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to tell your husband he needs to help you more! He made these three children with you, the least he can do is entertain them while you're breastfeeding! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• omg i know how you feel. i have a six month old i tried to breastfeed, and did for a little while but quit after two months because of issues like this, plus since he was on some heavy duty antibiotics, the thrush infection was out of control. why do mean think it's okay to not be a parent when they are mad at their wife? UGH! he did the same thing to me, the EXACT same.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• ive tried that but it just cause a fight as of right now its pretty much just me and the kids hes been staying other places my mom comes once a week to help but she lives 2 hrs away so she cant come that often ... it sucks i know breastfeeding is the best but i also know that formula is fine my other 2 were formula feed b/c my milk dried up at 4 weeks for some reason i just feel bad this time if i quite
    klinemom2

Comment by klinemom2 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yeah i felt bad too, he's 7 months old and i still have moments where i wish i wouldn't have stopped breastfeeding, but honestly, think about what's more important here. you need to keep yourself sane while all this is going on.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My hub was a pain, and just "watched", and I'd boss him around, like ........." hon, please pass the baby to me so I can Breastfeed, would you?" He'd watch me as I 'd grind my teeth from the pain, and it hurt so much, I usually didn't get past the 2 month mark. So really hon, take it easy on both of you, but if you are giving the baby each 30 min, and it's taking the milk but you're drying that is all you are going to make no matter if he helps you or not . We used to be much more able to supply milk, but most families don't get rest periods enough to resupply the milk. I've fed no more than 4 months with all 3 kids. once 2 mo.s and once 3 mos. and once. 4 mos. It was never enough rest no matter WHAT. So, plus my hub had surgeries both kids, and I always ran and got for him, never did he do for me. Only with the 1st and that was not very often. BELIEVE ME
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• This is exactly what I am worried about with this next baby. By the time he/she arrives I will have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and my hubby will be deployed! I just don't see how I am going to be able to fit in breastfeeding with everything going on. Maybe you could try using a sling, and position the baby where he can eat while you are doing other things? I know it's easier said than done, but i've given this topic alot of thought! That is really absurd that your husband will not help you with the kids just because you are not getting along! Very childish!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• thanks ladies as much as it sucks im glad im not the only one going through this
    klinemom2

Comment by klinemom2 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i know it is very childish it makes me so mad b/c my husbands job has him travel for months at a time so when i had the baby he took 2 months of " to help me" and so far its been 2 weeks and theres no help i even had to cry just to get him to help at the hospital and the thing that makes me very mad is im up every 2 hrs to feed in the middle of the night and sometimes out 3 nad2 yr old have bad nights so im up with them too and not once has he sad here you sleep in today but instead he sleeps in till 11 -12 every day and complains that hes tired uhuh so selfish
    klinemom2

Comment by klinemom2 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Could you two benefit from parenting classes so HE gets the message? Just one idea. He needs to be helping 50/50. Your hospital is a good place to start to find resources to help. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• How do you know your milk is drying up and not just evening out? My breast are not hard at all and I couldn't express a drop if I wanted to but my son is growing great. It's normal for two week olds to nurse so often, he could be going through a growth spurt . I understand that it's hard with older children and no help from your husband, Mine had to return to work five days after I delivered and has been working 13-14 hour days ever since. Things will get easier with time I wish you luck. On a side note you need to tell your SO to man up, come home, and take care of his responsibilities,
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2010