Zofran

So I started Zofran last night... I am still getting sick does it take a couple times of taking to really start to work? Any other tricks to also easy nausea and vomitting?

egurl85

Asked by egurl85 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was sick all day everday zofran never worked with me
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i was on zofran, pepcid and reglan all together, that was the only thing that stopped my morning sickness. it was wonderful! i still use zofran for my monthly nausea fits.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I was sick all day every day and only zofran helped. I mean don't get me wrong, I still threw up usually once a day, but it was much better than the 20 times a day when I wasn't on it. It may not completely cure you, but it will take the edge off and make it more manageable. Make sure you keep some crackers or something next to your bed and eat a few before getting out of bed in the morning, and make sure to eat enough, small meals, around the clock, when your blood sugar gets low, that's a big part of the intense nausea, so if you keep it up that will really help. Bland foods, crackers, 7 up. Chocolate milk was good for me, soothed my hearburn, and kept my blood sugar up so I wasn't as nauseous. Good luck, I also had good luck with the preggie drops or pops, they are a sucker or lozenge that actually really helped me. I tried sea bands too, with no relief but I guess they work for some people. Hugs I know how awful it can be.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Oh yeah pepcid ac, the pills worked really well for me, most of the time it was heartburn that got so bad that I'd get nauseous from.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If you're comfortable with this, and many people are not, a few puffs of marijuana can really help if the meds don't. I had a friend who tried Zofran, and still could not keep ANYTHING down, she would take 2-3 hits before a meal, and be able to eat, and not puke. Luckily, I never had much morning sickness, so I can't speak from personal experience. I have also heard of doctors recommending a small amount of marijuana for severe morning sickness/loss of appetite during pregnancy. I know it's not conventional, and I'm certain I'll be bashed to no end for even mentioning it, but it's an option.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Phenergan worked better for me than Zofran, the only downside is that Zofran doesn't make you as sleepy.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2010