• In the Spotlight:

is donating plasma like donating blood/getting an iv?

I have donated blood before and had iv's in before...Money is really tight and i need extra cash i thought no better way than to save a life in the process...so if i do the right way by eating well and being well hydrated before and after the process doesn't hurt right....the blood leaving feels like donating blood would...and when the extra returns to u does it feel like an IV would going into you???

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Health

• My dh gives plasma regularly, and he says that it doesn't feel any different than giving blood, it just takes longer.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 10:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• YES, they just use a separator and separate the plasma from the blood cells and return those to the donor. The process takes a little longer, but doesn't hurt any more than regular donation (Which really doesn't hurt!) I'd do it BUT I'm on drugs that are contraindicated for blood donation.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010