Seperate houses?

Hypothetical here. If you had a chance to aquire for free the house next door would you move your hubby into one house & you stay in the other? Why or why not?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in

• Lol, my husband and I separated and I ended up buying a house down the street. Our daughter could walk to her dads anytime and all her neighborhood friends stayed the same. Pick up and drop off was easy. He'd come over on holidays and spend the night. We took trips together. As we started working things out, we'd spend weekends together. It went on for years actually. Then we eventually started looking for houses together and discussing having another baby. We've lived together again for a while now (and had twins girls as well!) And there are times we joke about how it was easier. In some ways it was because there was no need to fight about things when we could just go to separate houses. But I'd say I prefer by far living together. I love having him with me every night in bed and we have grown so close. It is more compromising but we both learned just how much we love each other by being apart.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes in a heart beat. He works nights and it would be great for him to be able to get some sleep and I would love to not wake up in the middle of the night.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Of course not! We are separated enough as it is with him being active duty military. I love every minute that he is home, even if he is irritating the shit out of me lol Plus.. that would be awfully strange with the kids and very confusing
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Hypothetically, yes but we build a walk way path between the two houses incase he wants to visit.  Wink

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No, I wouldn't want to be seperated from him.

We would move into the house together just so that we didn't have to pay rent anymore.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Nah, that's why we have an extra room in the house. He can move there when we get tired of each other. Besides that, I actually like being around my husband. He is kind of coll, great with the kids, and works hard for all of us. I think I will keep him.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Only when his in the "dog house". Other then that I'll want to stay under one roof.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't know about LIVING over there, but it would be nice to take turns taking "time outs" in the kid-free house to go read a book or watch a violent movie you don't want the kiddos seeing, or take a bath without hearing kids and hubby wrestling. Even entertaining would be a breeze if you had a kid-free area. So basically... it would be a club house for hubs and me with no kids allowed. LOL! For a moment there I became sentimental about our years together before kids. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No I wouldn't because I would feel compelled to clean his house too and who needs the extra work?
    play4LA

Answer by play4LA at 6:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No, but I'd move some of his stuff over there. :-)
    On the "daddy" nights, it would just be too much trouble to send Kyra next door when she needed another story or something. :-)
    Plus, I'm pretty attached to him. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

Next question in
ABC's of food?

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
what do you think?