Do you think that all the t.v.. shows about teenage pregnancy are helping?

I was wondering whether you think it is helping or making it worse, by giving pregnant teenagers a chance to be on tv.

jleighbum

Asked by jleighbum at 10:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Well, they show how hard and horrible it is to be pregnant at 16, but I doubt anyone watching thinks it will happen to them. They think they'll have a great time. You could make a teenager watch a show about being pregnant and they would still get pregnant if they wanted to (or just didn't want to try not to). Teens are invincible, remember? :-) Bad things happen to people on tv, not them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• no,i think its glamorizing way to much.too many teens think that its cool to get pregnant without realizing the consequences of their actions.
    singlemotherkim

Answer by singlemotherkim at 10:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Nope! It's just justifying that's it's a-ok to be a pregnant teen. TV make everything look easy and glamorous--even the toughest situations always seem to have a happy ending. There is nothing REAL about REALITY TV!

Why don't producers do a reality show following teens who study hard, get good grades, hold down steady part-time jobs, play sports, don't succumb to peer pressure, and have plans to go to college? Answer...Because that would be BORING!! (sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Absolutely making it worse. Just glamorizes the situation. Yes I have watched 16 and pregnant.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think they glamorize it. Even when they show the struggles, they make the young women out to be heroes, and they get attention.

Answer by Bmat at 10:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't know if they are helping but, I found it sad watching teen mom the other night. Those girls are really struggling.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think the shows that help are the ones that show then after the baby is born and they are living in poverty and struggling to complete their schooling. After the baby comes, that's when reality hits.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• There are a lot more shows now, too, 16 and pregnant, teen mom, baby high... it think its turning into a craze...
    jleighbum

Comment by jleighbum (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't think they were supposed to Help! They were just one more way to make a buck... I've never seen any of them, but reality shows have always glamorized even the worst of situations... Seriously - Jersey Shore? How are these people TV worthy? If these shows were meant to help the situation they wouldn't have makeup teams, which I'm sure they do... These teens would be working for McDonald's and getting 3hrs of sleep a day like normal teen moms do... And they wouldn't be getting paid to do the shows either, if anything their payment would be savings bonds for those babies...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• The shows gives them a reality check.

Answer by older at 8:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010