how to drop some pounds, and still eat?

i was a size 3 before i got pregnant, and by time i had my son i was a size 8. i recieved the depo shot to shut my mom up, and i gained weight massivly, all the way to a size 18. how can i lose weight fast but still eat good, ive been off the depo for 6 months now, and it gave me horrible stretch marks, made me so hungry so i eat like a cow, and fat.

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You have to exercise AND watch your calories AND fat intake. I really like weight watchers - it helps you really focus on what you're eating and the portion sizes. Try not to eat any refined or processed sugar - and no soda whatsoever!
    Also - have you talked to your doctor about it. It seems like you gained a lot really fast - that doesn't seem right to me. I've never been on depo though so I don't know how that works.
    Good luck!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I eat what i want..i just watch how much of it i eat... i also make sure i get at least 30min of aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week if not 4 times a week. i usually get on the elliptical on a intensity level that makes it someone more difficult. however my sis doesn't seem to get any results on the elliptical so she just goes out for a jog around the neighborhood and takes a path that has hills. also green tea is said to help boost metabolism, as is doing weight lifting to build muscle. its said that muscle burns fat faster than not having any muscle. also drink alot of water...if you don't have a lot of water your liver and kidneys have to work harder therefore you it can't function correctly to help your body get the bad stuff out of your body.
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think the best tips i have learned is
    1. it isn't what you eat but how how much, you can eat one candy bar and be fine, just like yeah a salad is good for you but not 2 salads loaded with dressing that is worse than the candy bar.

2. Only eat when you are hungry boredom/emotional eating or just plain that looks good ill eat it will really hurt you.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Are you eating breakfast? I got a big old lecture from the doc a month ago about taking care of mommy and I am telling you it has made a huge difference in me. I've lost a few pounds and feel so much better overall. I eat Special K, they make all sorts of varieties so my cupboard is well stocked. It took a while to get into the routine but once you're there you're good. :) I eat a different salad every day at lunch. I don't bring any junk into the house so when I want a snack I have no choice but turn to fruit and veggies. But, being that I'm now taking in a healthy breakfast, the urge to snack comes a lot less anyhow!
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Calories in calories out.

Answer by older at 8:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• calculate your BMR.
    find out HOW many calories you need to eat to lose weight. it varies on your weight, activity level and height.

weight your foods and log your calories.

next, eat the right kinds of foods.
    eat "clean" or basically foods as close to nature as possible.

protein.
    eat 30 grams within 3 hours of waking up.

and exercise.

i've lost 97 lbs.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• exactly what older said.

To get more filling foods for less calories, choose whole foods low in saturated fats. Steer clear of processed foods. Veggies, lean protien, and whole grains. Watch your portion sizes.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

I have a ton of recipes that are simple, healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly; send me a message if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010