with teen pregnancy on the rise do you think they should have daycares at highschool?

or do you think this would just show them its ok to get pregnant? what are your thoughts on daycares at highschools?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes, im a teen my and i couldnt complete school, i got pregnant at 16, i 17 now and my son is 9mnths, i still havent got to do my last year in highschool, day care is too expensive, and your right teen pregnancy is on the rise soon the graduating rate will drop massivly and something will have to be done,
    lauren92

Answer by lauren92 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Sorry, last one... I keep running out of room!

I also think though that having the baby at the school and not having the mother just disappear from the lives of her friends and whatnot may be a good way to encourage these boys to step up as well. To many teen boys are just walking away from their kids without a second glance. If they had to face this girl, and their child on a day to day basis, plus deal with the drama that comes with pissed off teen girls when they see how hard this is for their friend, they may be more willing to step in - even just to shut up the girls & gossip... Point is, it will put this child and what they did right on "headline news" and force them to take a look at what they have done... Hopefully, encouraging some of them to step up!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• We have them here at our high schools. The school my daughter attends has been opened for 2 years now and it has not been utilized yet. There are pros and cons to having them as mentioned above, creeps me out a bit as I'm not ready to accept the fact that my daughter is old enough to become a mom (or me a grandmother). But if it keeps the kids in school to better themselves then I guess that trumps teaching them a lesson about getting pregnant, the damage has already been done and kids are going to have sex whether there is a daycare at school or not.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Not only do I think it would not 'ENCOURAGE" more teen moms it may help to discourage them... How many non-teen moms really get to see the struggles of trying to go to class, do your homework, hold down a job, be up all night with a baby and everything else that comes with teen motherhood? Because most teen moms just "vanish" from highschool before they deliver others around them only get to see what they see on TV. This would give them a better view... They would see once formerly hot and stylish mom with puke on her shirt in class or having to cut out lunch to go care for her baby... They would see the struggles more first hand, and would hear from these girls first hand as well. Right now teens only see the glamorized version of mommy hood, let them see what it's like when you have to do it all, let them see the truth!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Bad idea! There are schools and systems to help girls who do have children, but they shouldn't be mainstream to all highschools.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Maybe not daycares in high school, but I definitely think they should make more "mommy schools" that pregnant girls and young mothers can go to. So many teen moms doing finish high school and don't go to college and end up having to get state assistance, this would give them opportunity to get their diploma when they have no one else to watch their children.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It actually may be a good idea. It would be somewhere for the teachers and staff with small children to bring their kids. Make it free for the staff and have the students take care of the kids.
    I think if a teen is going to have sex, then they'll either use BC or not. I don't think anything like an available day care will move that in any one direction.
    So, do it. Assign the kids to the day care as one of their classes. With the colic kids. And the ones with the poos. And spitting up a LOT! Maybe seeing the kids will make them use BC, who knows?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• negative ghost writer.....if anything they should have teen mothers talk to middle school kids and let them know, having sex is a big responsibility. tell them it's not glamorous to go around saying i'm pregnant at 12, 13, or 14 yrs of age. kids are getting pregnant younger now and it's becuz they have no one to say its not right. sure the parents are gonna say it but kids don't think parents are looking out for them. they think the parents are blocking their fun. but if you get an actually teen mom to talk to them, they can tell them about the pain of labor, the late night feeding, the fact that they can't go out and be wit friends when they want to, or go away for college and enjoy their childhood.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think yes, only because, othewise these girls would drop out and REALLY screw up their lives and the lives of their children. Yeah, there are special school designed for this, but what if there aren't any near where they live? Obviously, it's not sending out a great message, but it's beter than having a ton of drop-outs with kids.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• no! i think that's a bad idea.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2010