who lives in an apt with kids?

So,,....Im moving into a nice 2 bedroom Apartment, My mother says to me, WHY MOVE THERE YOUR STUPID, whoa,
Im sorry i cannot afford to move when this lease is up with a newborn and a 2 yr old, in the middle of winter, I pay 650 here , and water and heat etc, NOT including my other bills,

I found an apt, that is in a nice area ..their brand new 599 is the rent, and!!!
i dont have to pay rent until dec 1st, and only a 99 dollar deposit from rent.com,and the water is paid! saves me 130 bucks a month

NOW I FEEL LIKE A BAD MOTHER bc im moving into an apt,

WHO LIVES IN AN APT WITH KIDS she says,
!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 599 for a 2 bd room. where do u live.. I pay 700 for a 1bd room.. Ur not stupid ur smart..
    Jrsmom2

Answer by Jrsmom2 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• dont feel bad at all. there are always people who say what they think is right and make you feel thats the only way. i used to live under someone in an apt who had a son. so what its not a house, its the same thing but you dont have to mow your own grass!
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Don't feel bad! you are putting a roof over thier head thats whats important, not where or how big it is!! there are other families that don't even have a place to call home! your a good mommy!
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i live in an apt with my son...it's a low income apt so i only have to pay 60 a month...i wish i could afford a bigger place, but us moms have to do what we can to make it in this world. living in a cheaper place even an apt isn't bad. i think you'll be fine. don't worry about what anyone says. if you're saving money thats more money you can put towards your child or yourself... :)
    SpringMommy07

Answer by SpringMommy07 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I live in an apartment with my almost 5 month old. Next door to us we have some good friends of ours who live their with their 1 1/2 year old. In the apartment behind us used to be a single dad with his 2 girls, 8 and 11. (I live in a 4-plex, not a huge apt. building) I think that there is nothing wrong with having your kids in an apartment. I think that, if that's what you can afford, then that's where you should live. I do think that children should have their own play area, a place they can call home, but at such an early age I don't think it will make such a huge difference.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I live in an apartment with my 10 month old, theres nothing wrong with it. What makes a good home is what happens inside it, not weather or not you share walls with some one. Apartments can have their own benifits, alot of them have on-site playgrounds, pools, and are well lit at night.
    musiclovingmomm

Answer by musiclovingmomm at 1:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Oh, and we pay 650 for an OK sized 2 bdrm with no yard at all, just a walk way, and we have to pay our own water. Wish we could pay 599...or at least have water paid for!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thank god...I was in tears all night i felt so horrible ....she can just get to me like this, 7 months prego and bigger than a barrel,...i feel this is the right thing to do its at least 1064 sq ft,
    and JR, i live in the grandblanc michigan area
    thank you mommies so much ...you dont know what it means to me to hear the kind words today
    Anonymous

• I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with my son and husband and we have another on the way. We cannot afford a house. You have to live where you can afford.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Your doing whats right for your kids,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2008