Do you ever sometimes wish that your DH/SO would just shut up????

Ok, I married a man that talks more than any woman I know. He uses the phone more than me. I grew up in a household with a very quiet father. My mother did all the talking. I thought it was pretty cool to have a man that was a lot like my mom. But the man NEVER shuts up! Thank God we just got DVR because he will talk through half the shows I try to watch. I had to re-read a post on here like fifty times because he kept talking! I love my DH, but sometimes a little silence would be nice. And my son has definitely inherited his dad's gift for gab!

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 11:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes, YES! It drives me crazy because he wants to talk while I'm watching one of my DVRed shows (which I can only watch after the kids go to bed). Then he gets mad at me because I keep rewinding or pausing the show. Well, hello! If you would hush, and stop talking for just a little while, you can talk all you want during the commercials and I won't fast forward. But then other times, he doesn't talk at all (when he's on his computer)... don't see me trying to talk his ear off, do you? Noooo. Ugh... men. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• lol... some days. Especially when he's going on about cars or tech blogs. Some days I'm playing a game on here, and he's like look look, look at this it's so cool..

and it's yet. another. car.

and I miss best answer because of it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Oh God, yes, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• hahah sometimes it would make me angry my husband would just sit on the phone with his sister and talk talk talk talk when i wanted to spend time with him. lol now i just wish i could talk to him but thats a different story all toghther.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• LoL! Mine's the same way! And most of the time he talks about the most stupid stuff. I try to tune him out, but when I'm trying to read or something I feel like smacking him upside the head with my book.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My husband used to be the same with video games. It was always "hey, honey, come check this out! Look, aren't the graphics (or whatever, it's always something else) really great!"
    I thought about having my sister cough on him when she had laryngitis a while back, but it seemed a little too mean. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yes, but i think my dh would rather i shut up too!
    he gets to talk to grown ups at work, and i do not. he is tired of talking by the time he gets home, and i am just getting started!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• sometimes
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:47 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• just leave the room, that is what I do. let him talk to himself.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• mine talked to everybody but me, so no.
    pookah1203

Answer by pookah1203 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2010