Do you have family picture wall? How do you arrange it??

Should I make them symmetrical? I like them unbalanced for the most part but some level connections. I am doing similar frames but not all the same. What do you do??

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 11:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I dont have one. But the ones that I have seen that look nice all have frames of the same color/wood. They are not simetrical but balanced. lay it out on the floor and play with it before you start nailing into the wall.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• im in the process of making one for us i have a space set up for a larger family picture*which we dont have yet hence the space there* then there is just a picture of me and a picture of DH and underneath use there is just a picture of the kid individually theres three so it looks like 1,2,3. if this makes sence.
    i hang them with the corner of the picture frames meeting up directly underneath ther corner of the picture frame above it. so it kinda looks like stairs from the profile.

then i have a collage picture frame with just random pictures in it on a sperate wall somewhere in the house. i think its in the hall way
    i also have digital photo frames for the kids rooms and mine. with a slide show of pictures on it
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• We don't but my in-laws have a "FAMILY WALL" with JUST family (children, grandchildren and great grandchildren). It's really NICE to see the whole family in on fell swoop!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 11:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have 3 walls in my living room. The lelft side has pictures of my daughter, the right side has 3 pictures of my son, and the front wall has a family portrait. In my bedroom there are 4 pictures of the kids above my bed and a family picture. Mine arent symmetrical or anything though. I do have a couple of pictures in wood frames but most of them or in metal frames.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't have any pictures up...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I just have random pictures of my daughter hung up throughout the house. :-) But nothing here matches or looks even. :-)
    My mom has some in her hallway of me and my siblings all through our childhood. She has three rows, with me on top (I'm oldest), my brother in the middle (middle kid) and my sister on bottom (youngest). She has them going down the hall, from baby pictures to high school pictures. My sister's only 9, so while hers go all the way down, there's a bunch of her the same age and each year, mom takes one down and puts up the new school picture.
    The rows are so even, she uses a level to make sure it's all strait.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• All my frames match. I have 3 rows going across the wall and I placed my pictures like one color of a checkerboard. KWIM?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't. I have a couple of photographs placed in most rooms, and I also have a digital photo frame.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't have a wall of pictures up yet, we just bought out house in May so we are still figuring out where we want the furniture. Design would be based off how many pictures we have. I really like the picture wall at the one clinic in town, it's unique. They have 5 rows of pictures, how they did it though is the unique part, they put wood framing for above and below each picture and I think frame boards on the ends. You set each picture in so that the frames are between the boards and the wall. Then you can move them in different patterns and add pictures in between without making more holes in the walls etc. I think that would be cool cause then I could frame some of the kids art and put it on the wall too, and easily change it out and not have the fear of things falling off the wall. The diynetwork dot com website has ideas and suggestions for hanging pictures.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• We don't have one, yet, but we're planning one. We're going to get those really shallow ledges and put the frames on the ledges rather than nailing them to the wall. That way we can add and change pictures as time goes on more easily. I plan on having the frames be the same color.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2010