do you think little "white lies" are ok?

or are they still lies in your book?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• a white lie like telling someone they look fine when you think the color looks horrid on them... fine.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Any non-truth is a lie in my book. I don't care if you're lying about something big or something totally meaningless. There's no sense in lying about anything.
    No point in it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• a white lie like telling someone they look fine when you think the color looks horrid on them... fine."

Exactly.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If you are lying to spare someone's feelings, I think it is fine, since your motivation is good.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I'm perfectly okay with lying to people about little stuff. Doesn't bother me in the least.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• NO! Lies are Lies are Lies... Color doesn't matter! Hell, I don't even believe it's okay to tell your kids Santa is real... So no, lies are lies in my book... Honestly is ALWAYS the best policy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i think the santa and easter bunny and tooth fairy lies are ok. i don't think it is ok to tell someone they look good when they look bad. you don't have to lie, you can say you like the length of the sleeves, or the color, or the cut or the length...there must be something...or you could say you like something else better. i would be so sad if my husband or friends let me continue to wear something that i looked really bad in.
    white lies from the kids are not ok, like when they are relying on semantics to not get into trouble. like i didn't throw the ball, i dropped it, or i didn't knock over the lamp, the ball did. those are not ok.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think that myths and legends don't qualify as lies. They are the richness of our lives. I also think that deciding not to hurt someone deliberately is important. Is that a lie - probably. I don't say things that I know will be cruel just because they are the truth. There are times the truth is subjective ie do you like this dress on me? I may say no where someone else says yes. We both told the truth. I usually ask if they like the dress. If yes - buy it. If no - don't.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• A lie is a lie is a lie. If it's not the truth it is a lie. It's that simple!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2010