How would you handle hubby's attitude after having a girls night out?

I finally had a chance to get out w/o kids and just enjoy being me again. I'm talking like it's been 4+ years since I've been out of the house for me time with someone other than my mother, hubby or kids. So last night went out with friends & got home around 2am. This morning he gets up with an attitude. Fussing at our daughter because she whined when he said something to her. Not 2 words to say to me. Yet he's out every night plus weekends with his friends. Sat & Sun he's gone from 11-5 & 5 to whenever, comes home intoxicated & falls asleep. Hardly ever makes time for the kids. It sometimes feels like pulling teeth to get him to take them somewhere or do something with us. I take them to the play w/cousins their age & make up excuses on why he didn't come. Now the attitude about karaoke w/the girls. What am I suppose to do? Apologize for going out? Or just let him keep is attitude and not care??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• You shouldn't have to apologize. I'd say, "Well, now you feel how I feel every weekend. Pout if you want, but I'm not gonna feed into it, sorry."
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Neither. You are supposed to stand up for yourself. You deserve a night out as much as he does.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• let him shove his attitude you know where!!!!! DO NOT apologize!!! you should start to make it once a month thing!!! make him get use to it too! just pretend nothing is the matter and walk around in a good mood unless he brings it up, then explain how it was more then fair and you will be a better mommy and wife when you get a little you time!! GL!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yeah, there is no need to apologize. I like what LovingSAHMommy said. I used to tell my dh that if he wants to have a pity party, go have it in another room, I'm not joining in. I've only gone out a handful of times in 16 years, and he's given me attitude each and every time, but when he went out all the time I never gave him grief, maybe that was a mistake on my part.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I dont think you should be surprised at all by his attitude this morning.... sounds like it is par for the course. (based on what YOU typed)

I think you know who you married.... he shows you every day he is a selfish man, so why complain now???

You chose this.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think you should set some ground rules. Why does he get to go out so much? It should be even stevens all around. My DH complains that he never gets out, I tell him, GO! But I never get out either. I started bowling with my sister, dad and brother-in-law on Friday nights. DH wanted a night, I said, pick one. It's not my fault he has school twice a week at night and is too tired to go out after work. I say weekends are for the family.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Thanks sahlady for you opinion,,like they say everyone has one. But exactly did she choose this??

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• What size shoe do you wear and how many doctors do you reckon it would take to remove it from halfway up his backside?? First thing you should do is set up a schedule with your friends for more of that 'me time' you need away from the house. Make it a set thing. Then let him know that his duty as a FATHER is to parent his children along side of you not just whenever you can't be there doing it yourself. Tell him he can either get off his stick horse and ride in the wagon with you or wish he had. If you can't hang out with your friends and have a good time without his getting all pissy about it, then maybe you need to decide if this is an equal partnership or a one-way street--where traffic only flows HIS way.

He will continue to do this as long as you allow him to act that way. Put your foot down first, but let him know it goes UP next! :)

Good luck!! And have fun next time you go out too! :)
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 1:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i would raise hell & ask why he is giving me an attitude when he goes out & comes home drunk all the time. I would ask him if he married with the idea of having a one way street marriage, where he gets to go out & you dont. I would ask him why he is being such a baby. I would put my foot down & tell him to act like a grown up & that you did not sign up to be left home with the kids while he gets to go out with friends. I would let my inner bitch fly, i would not allow his childish attitude towards me. You need to toughen up & tell him to stop acting like a child.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• " But exactly did she choose this??"

Well Im sure she wasnt forced into marriage... there for she chose to marry him. Most people dont do a 180 the minute they get married. If he is selfish now, Id bet money he was selfish then too.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010