Cleaning the bathroom

I've been cleaning bathrooms my whole life and have never figured out an easy way to deal w/ hair! I have two hairy teenagers that shed like crazy. When I'm wiping things down I can't seem to pick it up without going over and over. Help!

YipeeLeah

Asked by YipeeLeah at 1:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• 2 things- its way easier to pickup hair when its dry.. or a little trick-- drano... i have a bottle of drano that i put into a spray bottle - apply it and then allow it to soak- it eats the hair right up!!! not too good for your septic system to use it alot tho... i do it like 1x week
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 2:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I always wipe dry with a towel after washing. Otherwise the hair just swirls around and sticks.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Use a single sheet off the lint roller..... peel it off and it becomes a big ole sheet of sticky paper.... then I just dab it where the hair is and wham... hair sticks to the paper... no more pushing it around with a wet cloth.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• you got some good ideas. i have hair problems here, too.
    melissa632

Answer by melissa632 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• When I cleaned condo's on the weekend the lady I work for, told me to use the vacum, before hand (if the bathroom was dry, to get up the hair and sand) these condos are off the gulf of mexico. When water gets on the sand and hair it is harder to get up. Another trick she told me that works well is that if you still see hair remaining to take a damp papper towel and in small wiping motions to wipe and fold and wipe and fold again, then repeat.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Try wiping the hair into a pile. Like when you wipe and it swirls into a pile, push all the hair into a pile. When you have all the hair in a pile. Take some toilet paper and dampen it, just a little. Place the toilet paper over the hair and pick up. Then you can flush and not have to worry because the damp hair will stik to the toilet paper..... Happy cleaning!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2008