Anyone have a SO/DH who wont let you work?

My SO is so jealous and will not let me get a job, I have to stay home with the baby. And really can't do anything about it because I don't have a car and with no job I can't get one. I am stuck! Am I the only who is forced into being controled (not abused or mistreated, just controled) by a man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hell NO. I would never be with a man who was not secure. Controlling is not something I tolerate.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• HAHAHA!!! NO!! If I did, he wouldn't be my man any more! I would be homeless and broke before I would deal with something like that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No. First thing when my husband and I were talking about getting married was incomes/careers. I told him do not expect me to be sahm once we have start having children. I told him up front...I am teacher and I will not give that up. If he had a problem, we would not married today. He understands and loves my drive and wanting to teach.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Amen to that Sabrina. OP, I don't understand why you put up with that. IMO that kind of action is signs that your DH is not secure and I wonder if he isn't abusive just because you've been compliant.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• control is abuse, my dear.

and no.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I am a SAHM, but the choice was mine. There is no way I would stay with someone who wouldn't let me work if I wanted to. And I could not be without a car. I do all the shopping, taking our daughter to appointments, etc. If we could only afford one car, I would either take him to work or meet up with one of his coworkers for him to carpool with. There is no way I could be cooped up in the house all day every single day and not drive myself batty.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Control of another human being is abusive

You are not alone

and there are resources, so that you can control your own life

If your baby grows up watching you be controlled, she/he will think that's accpetable

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• leave him!.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Sweetheart if you don't think that kind of control is abuse, then you really need to research what constitutes abuse. There is not a man alive (female either for that matter) who will tell me what I can and cannot do anytime anywhere anyhow. Period! I don't order my husband around and he doesn't try it with me either. It is called respect! And trust. Sounds as if your relationship has neither and for it to be successful and happy, you need both.

I would suggest you put an end to that kind of treatment once and for all and sooner rather than later. He can choose not to behave that way. But as long as he makes that choice, it should be a deal breaker for you. That kind of control IS abusive. You are not his property.

Contact your local women's shelter for information and support. Trust me, you need it!

Good luck!
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 1:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010