Juice limit?

So the limit is 4-6oz of juice a day for my son (or at least that's what I've read everywhere) and to water it down. So I'm wondering, since I water it down 50/50 is it 4-6oz of this watered down juice, or is it 4oz of juice with 4oz of water?

Sammieanne

Asked by Sammieanne at 1:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's 4-6oz without water. When i took my daughter to the doctor I asked when I should stop watering down her bottles. He said that you really shouldn't ever! Even as adults we take in too much sugar from juice. I was happy to hear that considering the juice I buy lasts twice as long! Don't count ounces. Just do 1/2 and 1/2 every time and you'll be fine!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• From what I know, it's 4 oz of juice with 4 oz of water per day.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Juice is full of sugar and takes away from the much needed nutrition baby requires. There is no reason to give more than 4 oz a day (including the water) or any, in all actuality. The new school of thought being passed on to pediatricians is to avoid juice for as long as possible.

Anonymous

• He should be getting enough hydration from food and formula but, if you don't think he is I would go with water. You could put a tiny bit of juice in there for taste but, juice has natural sugars that are in the fruit so, I wouldn't give juice until after a year old.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008