Ladies, can I ask a ?

I want to know, is it ok to look in your husband's phone,email,or social networking accounts? If he claims he got nothing to hide it shouldn't be a problem right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• No, I don't think it's okay. If you trust him, why the need to look? And if you don't, then talk to him, don't check up on him and sneak around behind his back.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Some men lie, but who am I to tell you your husbands lying? If he's acting suspicious and not himself. Maybe but you won't be satisfied till you find what you're looking for. So if you don't find anything the first time, let it be.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My question is WHY would you need to? Snooping is snooping, whether it's on your kids or your DH... Snooping does nothing but prove mistrust... My DH doesn't hide any of those passwords from me, any time I ask for them he gives them without question, but he also knows I'm not going to even try to remember them, because I have no reason to. Trust has to work both ways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If he tells you that you can look anytime then I don't see a problem with it. IF he does not give you permission then I see a problem with it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My husband tells me I can all the time. I have his passwords to everything but I trust him. By me looking signifies that I don't trust him, I think if you wanted to you could but the guilt after would kill you. Unless you need proof of something or have that womens intuition that something isn't right then I would just leave it alone.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I occasionally log into DH's Facebook page and will ask who is this/that etc. He doesn't care. He went to Scotland and I took that opportunity to look at his phone. Got somewhat annoyed to see he called certain females. I told him, I don't care if he talks to them on FB but I have a problem with him initiating a phone conversation. I asked that he delete phone #'s from ex-gfs and certain women I don't care for, but I don't make a habit of checking his stuff. If he is willing to hand it over so I can see it if I want then ok. If he won't let me, then I get suspicious. I know DH's passwords and he knows mine. He changed his FB on and I asked him why, he said that it was reccommended to change every so often and he told me the new one, so whatever. If you ask and he doesn't have a problem with you seeing, I wouldn't worry, if he says no, I would start asking questions.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If it doesn't give you permission then it looks like he's hiding something
    Anonymous

• THAT A HARD QUESTION... I AGREE WITH NOT SNEAKIN IF YOU TRUST THEM CAUSE U SHOULD BELIEVE THEM ....BUT NOT IN ALL CASES R THEY TRUTHFUL AND U FEEL U NEED TO LOOK, BUT I DO SAY IF U DO GO LOOKIN AND U FIND SOMETHING U CANT BE MAD A NO ONE BUT URSELF FOR GOING THROUGH THEIR STUFF....AT FIRST ATLEAST...THEN U GET IN THEIR A$$......LOL.
    laanette_19_88

Answer by laanette_19_88 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• sometimes you can have all the passwords and everything, they still do something, cuz they're so open that you don't have to worry about checking after them, when in reality there is something going on and you don't know. hope that makes sense...just go in there if he says he's got nothing to hide, then you don't need an excuse to look at it
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I personally wouldnt snoop through my husbands email account
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2010