need your input on this. hubby is going with two of his friends to las vegas for three days i am not aloud to go

his best from from high school asked him to go to las vegas with him and another guy for his b-day. i asked hubby are you going and i said at first you should go(big mistake on my part)never thought he would say yes. they are leaving in the mid of sept. i am pissed becasue i have never went any were out of wisconsin and never were just hubby and i a lone. i told him i did not want him to go. it is not write. we have been married for 9 yr's and never took a trip just him and i. we have two kids 8and 4. i am a sah mom. live on a very strick budget. hubby is putting overtime in to pay for this trip. hubby and i have went round and round about this so much already of why i do not want him to go and it is not fair to me. do you girls think i am making a big deal out of this. his air fair is 260 and they only have to pay 53 for the room. other two nights are free. rest of the money will be on gambling and going out.

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, I wouldn't like it either. I'd rather my husband use the money to take the whole family on a trip overnight somewhere.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• work out a deal...he goes on this trip, then YOU get to take one :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think he should plan a family trip rather then gamble it way since you've guys never went on a trip as a family
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Why don't you propose that since you're "letting" him go on this trip, that you plan a weekend getaway for just the two of you by next spring...it could be a Valentine, birthday or anniversary combo present?!

If you don't ask/suggest, most men think everything is just fine! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i think that when the trip is over, he should tally up what was spent, and then hubby can work over time to get the same money to you. you could go on a little trip yourself, or use it for day trips to the spa...what ever you want for you!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yes i would also. i suggested that. but did not get any wares on that. he said we will do that after he gets back. it will not happen becasue he is already complaining of the overtime he is putting in and he only put 5 days extra in this month so far. his normal sift is 3 days a wk and thing over three days is overtime. last yr he took a trip to the black hills in south dekota again i could not go because not enough money and could not find any one to watch our kids for 1 wk. well becasue of that trip i had to ask help for x-mas for our family. no money becasue of that trip he took. i am afraid it is going to be the same way this yr again
    horselover2

Comment by horselover2 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I hope you resolve this. Although I think he should go if he wants to..I would be really upset that he can put in the effort to get funds to go with his friends on holiday but doesn't want to do the same for his family.

Me and my boyfriend are all about giving our kids really good experiences and making it happen no matter what.

keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 1:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't let him go and I would throw one hell of a grown-up fit! You two haven't been on a vacation together, yet he is doing all of this work to go on vaca with his friends... I would be so upset and pissed off!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think he's acting like an immature,selfish A-HOLE!! I wonder why in hell did he bother to get married and have a family at all.
    He needs to grow the hell up.
    While he's gone,sell all his stuff and take a trip of your own!
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 1:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Men are so f*ing selfish. Do you have access to the bank account? Start taking money secretly (like $20 at a time or less), so when he does this to you, (or something else like it)you will not feel so back into a corner, you will have options. Honey, you deserve to be treated better!!

PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010