When is a good time to introduce solid foods to my 10 month old (not baby food already on it)? Like chicken/veggies

hmf122

Asked by hmf122 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Now, in my opinion. My son is 10 months old and tries little pieces of all kinds of things.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would go ahead and do it. Just cut everything into really small pieces. Also beware once you start table food your baby may refuse baby food. Well this is what all mine did.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• you can now. cut up some meat, you want to get him used to the texture now, before it's too late! at dinner, just give him a few bites. gradually do that, it'll end up being a plate every night :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I really don't know about meat unless you can grind it up...I guess it depends on how many teeth he has. I would try things like oatmeal, other warm cereals, mac and chees , rice .... veggies that can be smashed up ect. A food processor would be great for this.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You can try now, if he's ready. Just cut up baby-bite-sized pieces and make sure it's easily mashable between your fingers (it doesn't have to be mush, but gummable, if that makes sense). He might just play with it at first and not eat it, but it's still contributing to his experience. Or he might gobble it down, lol. If he doesn't want anything to do with it, give it a couple of weeks and try again, just like with baby food. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Now. As long as it's soft and you offer small pieces you could have been offering table food a couple months ago. All you need to be careful of is anything he could choke on.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Now! If you can break it off/cut it up to pea size and can squish it between your fingers, you can give it to him! Just start putting pieces on his tray.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• 6 mo. Babies never need baby food.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My son started refusing babyfood at 7 months. He didnt want it anymore. And with permission from my pedi, we switched him to fully table foods, and he did great. I say give it a try :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2010