What should I pack in baby boy's hospital bag?

I have a friend that is in the hospital and has been most of her pregnancy. She has no family and no money. I'm putting together a bag for the baby in the hospital, because she has nothing. What should I pack? I have 10 onesies, 2 blankets, and a sleeper so far. I want to make sure she has everything she needs, so I need ideas!

ilovemyaustin1

Asked by ilovemyaustin1 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• wow sorry she is in so much, but then again better be safe and comfy than home and have to rush things. THey surely must love her there, it's a great place when you need them around.

I'd pack ............... all that you did, some extra nipples if she doesn't breastfeed. Some powder, deodorant for her to use, new toothpaste, her type of shampoo, ( if not there already), some comfy clothing for her that's upbeat and pretty, and not dated.
    Put a few puzzles, crosswords, wordsearch, notebooks, pads for santary times, baby nipples, some playtex disposeable bottle liners and the set of bottle holder tubes, rings,nipples. This should be well under 100 dollars.
    Place in her bag a few pens, fine tip markers, socks, underwear, bra, all this can be bought at OLD NAVY they have awesome sales. racks. and racks. .. Other things like paper /pads/pens at the dollar store/99c store
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Bibs, burp cloths, and diapers! Maybe another blanket...sounds like you got it covered. Is she breast feeding!? Does she need bottles or anything like that., Wipes? ...... umm...as long as she can do laundry it sounds like your diaper bag is a great start. Tell her to take as much formula (if thats what shes using), diapers, blankets and t shirts from the hospital as possible. i ALWAYS came home with atleast 3-4 days of supplies!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• This will be around 50 bucks or more.(depending how high class you get)
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i would say some onseis for the baby, some socks, a few burp cloths, a nuk if she wants to use one, a package of wipes, a light blanket, and a pair of shorts for the baby to go home in.

for the mommy i would pack in a thing of deoderant, a hair brush and maybe a new hair tie/clip, unscented lotion, a lip gloss,

i would offer to do her nails (fingers and toes) before delivery.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2010