Study Bible

Any one know of really good study bible? I need something simple! Ive never really been to church more than a handful of times, but for some reason i have a nagging feeling to start reading on my own! Learn some things for myself, but reading the bible i have is freakin confusing and overwhelming!? HELP PLEASE!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My favorite is the Navarre study Bible, but it comes in so many volumes that it can cost a lot to buy it. I agree with Lovebugs_mom that you could ask someone at the Christian bookstore to help you choose one. There are one or two study Bibles that have footnotes written by people who appear to be skeptics. I am Catholic, but I would not recommend the New American Bible because some of the footnotes are so bad.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Beth Moore or Joyce Meyer both have a lot of really good Bible Studies available. I'm currently doing the Breaking Free Bible study by Beth Moore. It's really good.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Zondervan always has good choices in different styles, small, large, notable and so on. Also, A good life application bible from Tyndale is also available. Any book store should carry both, they are both pretty well known. GL!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would say go to your local Christian book store. They will have someone there that can help you pick out the perfect one for your needs. I would reccomend either the New Living Translation or New American Standard. They are written in a way that is easy to understand without losing the message. Good luck!
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 10:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have a NIV Rainbow Study Bible that I love and would recommend.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ahhh... sorry! I see! STUDY BIBLE not Bible study!!! LOL! I have a really nice Study Bible that's for women. Go to your local Christian bookstore & browse around. There's a lot of really good ones available.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010