Cheating spouse

I have a socalled "DH" who cheated on me with some woman a year ago. This b*tch recently called him and he told me about it! He said they spoke for 10 minutes and it was "innocent". I told him why did he even speak to her? He says "it would've been rude" I slaped his glasses off! I'm asking should I have handled the situation in a more mature manner? It did feel good hitting him =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Lol, he shouldn't of even answered the phone and if there wasn't a caller ID then he should have hung up on her and not even give her the time of day.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• That woman has no business calling and he had no business talking to her. If it were me, I would have kicked him to the curb after the first "incident." But in your situation, I probably would have slapped him too.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 1:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No he had no right to talk to her.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• While he had no right to talk to her, you had no right to hit him. That was an immature way to express your anger in my opinion.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You assaulted him. If he'd done that to you I would suggest you put his butt in jail. So please tell him I suggest the same thing to him. Other than in cases of self-defense, it is NEVER ok to hit! EVER! So yes, you should have handled it differently and I hope you will get some kind of counseling that will help you find better ways to handle it next time or dump him so that there won't be a next time. Just keep your hands to yourself if all you can do is slap someone.
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 1:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• RUDE doesn't even begin to describe taking a phone call that could destroy your marriage. He should have picked up the phone and said, don't call here ever again and hung up (not answering might lead to calls until he picked up). He DID tell you about it though... that's a good sign. Although I totally feel ya on the slapping, not a good idea...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry but hitting him was totally out of line. He could have kept it a secret that she contacted him. He was mature enough to share that with you and you hit him! That was just wrong.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If he knew it was her on the caller ID, he should have NEVER picked up in the first place.

Granted, its good he fessed up, but the fact he carried on a conversation was thoughtless and rude.

Mature manner aside, I think he deserved it.
    Narakyndryn

Answer by Narakyndryn at 2:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Girlllll cheaters never change, he should have never cheated in the first place and if you would have told him to kick rocks then there never would have been a phone call and a slap for you to deal with... he isn't worth your ill feelings and being hurt.. Your better than that crap! If there is ever a next time... i would just walk away and be the better person!
    Once a cheater always a cheater.. i'm sorry but anyone i know has been cheated on has come to find out they are repeated offenders... i would never trust him ever again!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes you should have handled the situation differently and he should have also
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 2:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010