Celebrities get off easy while we have to deal with the consequences?

Lindsey lohan gets a 90 day sentence but now it will only be 2 wks??! I'm mean honestly this is outragous! If an ordinary person pulled those stunts they would be in a load of trouble. DUI and drugs and they jet get off so easily. I just hate that it's totally not fair. They need to be brought to justice. Makes the justice system look like a joke. Thoughts?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I completely agree. It's unfair.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It seems unfair to me. But some real life people have to repeatedly f**k up to get any length of time behind bars too. My brother is now serving 30 days. It's his 7th or 8th time being arrested since he turned 18 five years ago. He's got dui, failed drug tests, multiple felonies, and a broken EPO on his record. It makes me sick that after all that, he'll be out in about a month.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think it is ridiculous but from what I understand they are letting her out due to overcrowding in the jails. I guess they can't show favoritism either way, because there are plenty ordinary folks getting less jail time as well. Still think she is a pile of sh*t, though.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Well...she DOES have some really negligent parents and some emotional problems that haven't been addressed.AND we don't know the whole story---we aren't there,livng with her or even being a friend. So....I prefer not to criticize someone .....someone who is a celebrity and makes money .which just might make people a little JEALOUS?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Gertie I agree with you except the point of this whole post was not about Lindsey lohan it's about celebrities in general and the ridiculous things they get to do because of their status when it comes to breaking the law. I'm sure some people are jealous of them but I am not. I also am not critisizing them I'm criticing our justice system. I would never be jealous of someone else getting off easy, lol!! If I did such stupid things I expect to be punished just like the rest of them, it's consequences for actions made.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yup. i agree. my husband likes to watch alot of jail shows. there is a definite hierarchy in the justice system. there was a black guy who got life for armed robbery and a white guy who got 15 years for murder, etc. years ago i knew a big time pot dealer who got out of trouble all the time by giving the lawyer money to pay the judge off.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• The only reason she is getting off also is because of Jail overcrowding.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree with you
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 6:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010