• In the Spotlight:

How do you know when the 2 days you ovulate?

mommy2bee240

Asked by mommy2bee240 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• www.mymonthlycycles.com and track it. And usually if your period is every 28 days then you ovulate every 14 days and usually more than 2 days :)
    MommyFab4

Answer by MommyFab4 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• your first answer was sort of right. On an AVERAGE 28 day cycle you would ovulate AROUND day 14...but that is only an average. Technically you can ovualate anytime during your cycle EXCEPT during your period. The sperm can live inside the woman for up to 4 to 5 days but the egg only lasts up to 24 hours... so the best way to concieve is to have the sperm ready and waiting BEFORE you ovualte. Most ovualtion tests let you know when ovulation has already occured which is why they don't work. Go get a book called "taking charge of your fertiltiy" by Toni Weschler. It will help you erase all these myths and truly understand your body and cycle.
    jachooz

Answer by jachooz at 1:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If you track your ovulation using a basal thermometer every morning you will be able to find out which days you ovulate...
    You would need to buy the BASAL thermometer which I found for $7.99 at rite aid and take your temp every day starting the day you get OFF your period... I usually take my temp the day I start just to be sure I get all info written down...when you ovulate your temp will go up... then after a few days if you did not conceive it will go back down... if it stays up you are pregnant.... usually unless you have a cold or something else going on to keep your temp elevated... but in 99% of the cases you would be preggers if your temp did not drop back down after ovulation...
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• This is a fool proof way of keeping track of your on cycle as every one is different.. I have a 29 day cycle and I ovulate on the 9th day... roughly 3-4 days AFTER my period starts... so I do not have the 14-16 normal ovulation... EVERY womna is different and the best way without spending a bunch of money on ovulation predictors and all the other doo dads out there is a simple thermometer and taking your temp in the morning before you get up... I leave mine on my night stand and I take my temp before I even get up to pee or drink water..
    orkibe3

• I keep track of my period on MyMonthlyCycle.com and every month it tells me the four most fertile days & my ovulation time. It worked on conceiving my third baby. Might try it.
    texas_mama

Answer by texas_mama at 10:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Count 14 days from the day you start your cycle. you should have about 3 or 4 days.
    go to babycenter.com or OBfocus.com for exact days. However, the 14 day thing is 'normal' timing based on a 28 day cycle. Everyone is different and if your cycles are not regular ( every 28 days on the dot everytime) your ovulation days will be different.

If you are ttc, go get the EPT ovulation kit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you are ttc, try having sex every other day starting from the last 2 days of your cycle... just make sure... because everyone is dif. Also, your periods are not as heavy the lst couple days and it's not gross then. It take about 3-7 days for the sperm to find the egg and then for the egg to implant itself into your uterine wall. Thats why you can be 2 weeks pregnant and your baby is only a week into gestation. You are actually pregnant for 10 months. So talk to your dr about your situation. Remeber everyone is diff.
    Preggalious81

Answer by Preggalious81 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2008