I have heard alot of defense for lesbian couples but are you all also ok with gay male couples?

Why are there no men from gay couples that consider themselves the "mother" on cafemom? Would they be welcomed?

Why do people who accept lesbianism sometimes disagree with men being gay? Isnt it the same thing?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think any consenting adults in love is the same thing, whether it's two men, two women, or a man and a woman.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Because a man is gay doesnt make him a woman. And this site is for women. But I also am of the opinion that women should have their own bathrooms and changing places in coed gyms. Just because I feel that way doesnt make me homophobic or against gay men.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't care, male or female... love is love. In fact I know and am friends with more gay men than lesbian women... And more than once I have said a gay man in the role or mom - or even a straight man in the role of mom - is just as much of a mom as I am... I think overall gay men get a bad stigma because MEN prefer to see two women together, but the idea of two men bothers them because it's a turn off for THEM... I don't agree with or understand it, but I know lots of guys who love the idea of two women together but find the idea of two men as disgusting... Most women I know don't really see the distinction in gender though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• They are all humans being like me that deserve my respect and support.

Answer by older at 2:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Having a penis is against the terms of service, I think.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• personally i would not care i happen to have gay guy friends adn lesbian friends
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 2:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Is there really people that like lesbians but dislike gay men? I mean besides straight men, lol.

I couldn't care less if people are gay. Men or women. To the extent I think about it I just think about civil rights issues.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think the Y chromosome is also against the TOS. If you aren't a double X chromosome, they frown upon that. Give it a few years, this site will somehow extend itself to men.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• If a gay man is raising a baby that doesn't make him a Mom...it makes him a parent..This is cafemom.....do why would a WOMAN be denied of she were a lesbian?

I don't understand your thinking

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• A man may consider himself the "mom" of the two in the relationship - even a straight relationship that can happen, a sahd with the traditional gender roles reversed a Mr Mom situation. But that doesn't mean they are a mom or that they are a woman. This site is for women - there are other parenting sites out there that are for either gender.

As for the lesbian vs gay man being acceptable thing, I really don't care. Are they both adults and capable of consent? If yes, then who they are and what they get up to in the bedroom makes no difference - and they should be able to legally marry.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010