Favorite Day/weekend Trips in your state

For whatever state you live in, what are you favorite places to visit for the day and weekend? How much do they generally cost you?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 2:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Entertainment

• Dreher Island. It costs $5 to get in. Swimming, hiking boating. Its 6 miles from our house. It socsts whatever the cost of packing a cooler for lunch would cost us. Not much
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I live in Georgia but for our winter weekend trips we normally to the Gatlinburg, TN. In the summer, our weekend trips consist of camping and riding jet skis at Allatoona Lake near Acworth, GA. For day trips we normally use one of our season passes like at Six Flags or the Atlanta Zoo.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• camping in the mountains. costs about 20 for a campsite for a night.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I live in Ky. We don't go much right now, but when I was a kid, we always went on Mammoth Cave tours. They were great. It's fun walking and crawling through those.
    It's only about an hour from where we live right now. We're going back once Kyra gets a little bigger.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Back then it only cost us about $40 for the 4 of us. No idea what the prices are now. They do vary by length of the tour.
    Kiwismommy19

• I live in Tx, and a cool day trip is to San Antonio. There is alot to do there, they have the safari zoo, underground caverns, the riverwalk, alamo, fiesta texas and seaworld. They usually have festivals in the city. Depending what you do determines how much u spend. We usually stay the night there and spend about $300-$400. Thats for gas, room, food, and whatever places. We dont consider it alot cause we usually do alot there. It takes 3 hours to get there.

Austin is also fun but for older kids.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Maryland - the Inner Harbor in Baltimore (free unless you want to go on a boat ride on the Chesapeake Bay or go into the National Aquarium or the Maryland Science Center), Ft. .McHenry. We are close enough to D.C. to visit the Smithsonian Museums and the National Zoo and the Holocaust Museum. Those are ALL FREE!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Wisconsin--we love to go to Kettle Moraine forest and walk on the trails. A weekend trip would be to the Dells. Sometimes we go to Chicago (off season). It all depends.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• um...Philadelphia...going to the museums, the zoo, the historical sites, and of course going to a CZW show (I have a soft spot for historical sites followed by cute boys in tights). I am pretty close to Jersey and NYC so we go there a lot.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thanks everyone. I live in KY. Mammoth cave is excellent but if your out of shape bring lots of water. You'll need to rest a lot. They have benches all along the paths so you can sit.

One of our favorite places to go is the Simpsonville Flea market. Free to go, just take any extra spending cash in case you see a deal you can't pass up. Also Frankfort has a game park where you can do their tours (check their hours open) or you can go fish there.

I'm also 10 mins away from Beaver lake. Decent fishing and I like to rent their boats to just chill out for awhile.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010