Spin off from my other question about celebrities getting off easy...How many times have we heard celebs getting off because of overcrowding?

Paris Hilton; Lindsey lohan, klhoe kardashian....the list goes on. Khloe was going in for a DUI!! I mean seriously I don't believe this anymore. I was arrested a while back and it was extremely overcrowded but we weren't let out. And it was something very minor. Thoughts ladies?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 2:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ummm. I don't know about the Celebs. And I have never been arrested...I'm a good-goody. But I still think anyone who bashes the celebs is jealous.
    Anonymous

• I think what people don't understand is that this isn't just happening to celebrities. We just know about them because they make the news. But people are getting out of prison early every day... I know a guy who was sentenced to a MINIMUM of 6 YEARS, and was released in 108 days... Our prisons are WAY to overcrowded and we don't have the funding for more or better options. So, prisoners of all classes are being let out SUPER early... Seriously though, I never understood why half of those people were there in the first place... When your jail time is 90days at MAX, how does it help anyone? It sure doesn't help us, and out early or not 90days is nothing... The point of prison is to keep these criminals out of our every day society... So what is the point in even locking them up for such a short period anyways?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think you have already beat the horse on this subject too much. A lot of jails are over crowded right now. My husband works at a jail and it is a very common thing that people (even everyday, common people) are released from jail early. They may still be on probation, but most non-violent offenders are released before the sentence is finished.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• dont forgett Hulk Holgen's boy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010