Why is my SO so LAZY??

I am sick and tired of my SO taking our daughter to his moms house every time I have to go somewhere. When he goes to run errands I stay at home with our daughter, but whenever I am running errands he goes to his moms. It's like he is incapable of spending time alone with his own daughter. How do I get this to stop without being a nag?

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well it could be he is lazy, and feels if he takes her to moms his mom will do all the work and he does not have to 'be the parent' or maybe he is nervous about being alone with her, or maybe he does not think he can handle being 'the parent' by himself and needs someone there to help guide him. My dad would do that too, the few times my mom left us alone with dad he would rush us over to his parents house-- he was scared to be alone with us, and he needed to have 'backup'. If it bothers you I would suggest you talk to him about it and find out why he does it and maybe come up with a solution.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• all i can say is GOOD LUCK
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 3:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• he is a man he dont think like we do LOL u have to actually tell him about it!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• The male species, no brain, different planet, and what's for dinner honey?

Enough said
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• He sounds like he's afraid of being alone with her. My husband was the same way at first. Just ask him directly. Maybe he hasn't thought about it and will change. :-) Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Why is this a problem? If the child is being well taken care of, it should not make any difference where she is being taken care of. So, I say be glad he is willing to watch her and let him do it wherever he wishes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Our design here is the man goes to the carnival and takes the kids too, in other words he is at the carnival for himself, even when it's him with the children. I am happy for carnivals. But when their isn't any, it's off the car we go, to any place with a food court, or something with air conditioning.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Sounds like he's insecure about watchin kids.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• See if you can get your MIL to run errands with you a few times.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I think sometimes our fellas feel a bit neglected when there are new addition(s) to the family. Ensure that he has some just you time too.
    akmillner

Answer by akmillner at 6:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010