anyone try carnation instant breakfast essentials with their child?

ok so i saw a tip to give your toddler carnation instant breakfast essentials for their morning sippy. my son is 16 months old and a super picky eater right now and breakfast is the worst! so i decided i was going to use it and try it with him cause he loves chocolate milk and i thought ot would be an easy way to sneak in some protiene and nutrients, only thing is i dont know how much! today i gave him a sippy full and he chugged it guess he likes it lol but im worried maybe it was too much. anyone try this and if so how much do you give your child. thank you :)

tylersmommy54

Asked by tylersmommy54 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you're talking about the single packs, I just mixed a cup of it and split it with my daughter and gave her some real food with it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You could just count his calories for a couple days to see what his avg intake is compared to what he should be getting then find ways to supplement it with the carnation or some other nutritious calorie packed foods. I've used it for my 3yr old but he didn't really like it, I wish he'd have chugged it, he eats like a bird.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 3:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I would never load my child up with all that sugar.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010