What advice do you have?

I know how you feel. My son has ADHD & PDD (form of autism) the doctor put him on the ADHD med, then bc it wasn't enough the doctor put my son on another med. The doctor said, it will boost the first med. Now, it doesn't take einstein, to realize, if this is a daily med and you swear that the med will help, WHY would he need 2 of a medication that does the same thing?? Boost my rear-end. The doctor never helped us to make it comfortable for my son, nor gave us help for the PDD, which was the reason we were going to him. Not with him anymore.

Now I found out the doctor wrote a letter for the father (we are not togther) saying horrible things about me and saying my son is a liar. What kind of doctor allows a parent to speak so horribly about their own child? My sons father sat in the office on 1st vist, saying our 8 yr old is decitful, manipulating, conniving and an out-out liar. Then says, his wife and step-daughter are won

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Look up something herbal equivalent on the web. Like for example black cohosh is an excellent herb for a womans' premenstral cramping. and for prelabor. So is valerian an herb that when combined with some herbal tea(s) makes a child sleep like a baby.

St Johns Wart is another mind enhancer herb, and it's safe enough for anyone over 12. I'd give that to my son and know it was very safe.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 3:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• There are many therapists who work with people who have ADD/ADHD; they teach them not just coping skills, but how to use ADD/ADHD as an advantage in their lives. Thom Hartmann has written extensively on this topic; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/. You may also want to explore how foods affect behavior, either from the Feingold Organization (www.feingold.org) or another source. We eat a "clean" diet; no processed foods, no chemical additives, no meat, very little dairy
    My daughter's attention issues were helped dramatically by fish oil supplements (though we have since switched her to hemp oil). It is important to use a good brand, like Nordic Naturals; it takes about 8 weeks to become effective. We recently discovered that magnesium supplements also help.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010