Increased sensation to touch?

For the past few weeks I have had a generalized increased sensation to touch. As fun as this might sound it isn't. I can't even stand my diaper bag strap to touch my neck. Anything ANYTHING rubs against me it feels ... gross. It isn't painful, it just basically does that same kind of thing nails on a chalk board does. Any clue what it might be? (I don't have medical insurance or I would just ask my doctor)

RosaMae

Asked by RosaMae at 3:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Health

• You may have increased overall inflammation...
    in laymen's terms, you are allergic to something you are ingesting on a regular basis, or something you are spreading on your skin, or detergent you are using on your clothes.

or chemicals present in your living environment.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree with the above statement
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• sometimes when i have a fever (even a very mild one) my skin gets oversensitive.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ok, so you are not alone on this one! I have the same thing right now. My skin when i rub my fingers feels like the nails on chalkboard. Everything that touches me makes my skin crawl. What I can tell you though is that I have had a mysterious "infection" just a little spot a diameter of maybe 3mm on my first c-section scar, looks like an ulcer, but isnt been to derms - each one offering a different diagnosis, my OBG swabbed it - said it was staph -- but to be honest - a staph infection for two years being active in the same spot?? Still trying to get to the bottom of it. But definitely something wrong with the skin. When such increased sensitivity it is crazy- I have appt with my docs - soon again so I will be able to let you know in a couple of weeks what the outcome is!
    DrTore

Answer by DrTore at 5:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010