Whhyyyy do some insist that halloween isnt for them?

I talked to my sil today, she told me..she is not in anyway taking my neice and nephew trick or treating, she has taken them in the past when my brother was home
* he is overseas*
well my nephew who is 11 called me crying his head off, because he says his mother wasnt acting right,
she has gone fruity saying that.to her kids,
.its a pagen cult all the children whom go are evil and the parents are evil i almost pee'd myself listening to this crud, she also informs me that she is a new catholic wth ever that means, she will be spending time in her church halloween afternoon and forbid me to go get her children..my own blood,

HOW CAN i kindly tell her she is psycho?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I feel bad for the kids since they have been allowed to celebrate it before. It sounds like she has gone a little off the deep end (halloween is not evil) but they are her kids so there isn't much you can do about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• She's not psycho, and you need to respect her religious beliefs, although different from yours. You also need to respect her parenting ideas.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• lots of christians feel this way it may seem odd to you but respect her belifs.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If she doesn't want to participate, or have her children participate, then there isn't anything you can do about it. Her children are more her own blood than yours and as their parent she has the right to make decisions of this kind.

I know it's disappointing for you, but there isn't anything you can do. You need to respect her religious beliefs whether you believe the same way she does or not. This is not your decision to make.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 2:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• She is not psycho. Why can't you respect her for this. Not everybody likes Halloween. Which by the way I think it comes from Satan. Tell me one good thing that Halloween teaches you or the kids? To scare others? To kill? I can buy candies for my kids anytime and they can dress in different types of costumes anytime. I don't celebrate the deads and ghosts. If you want to bring that in your house you can celebrate it. Be my guest!
    Anonymous

• I don't want my son to trick or treat, but that is a debate between my SO and myself. This year he will only be 8.5 months, but we are dressing him up and spending time with family. I don't want my child to eat the candy that is passed out. I don't mind if he gets a little treat once in a while, but the amount of candy kids get and eat these days is disgusting. He has a milk allergy anyway, so he doesn't have many options for candy he can eat anyway. Maybe you SIL did the trick or treating because of her brother. Respect her wishes. It is her children, not yours.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 4:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You truly just need to respect her choice. You may not agree with it, but they are her children.
    Think about.....You were the wife and mother with hubby over seas, and your SIL says your pshyco because of a choice you made that had nothing to do with her.
    I can understand how you might wonder what has happened....why has she changed...but ppl change all the time. I'm sure it is also not easy with hubby gone.
    I just hate seeing families get into something just because there are different opinions.
    It happened to me with my first marriage and SIL.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 5:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• To all of you,

She was cheating on my brother she was going to leave halloween,

The kids are in MY CUSTODY as of now, which for reasons I WILL NOT EXPLAIN
    So i guess their more mine than hers now huh ;o),
    Anonymous