i know i know this is a crazy question but im curious....

ok so i was nursing my 1 yr old and being that its so hot i was thinking about ice cream so of course the obvious question popped into my head... do you think you can make ice cream from breast-milk? lmao im sorry but i know you can take cows milk sugar (which u probably wouldnt have to add in breast milk since its so sweet anyway lol) and some flavorings put it in an ice cream maker with ice and salt and churn and there u go! u have ice cream so why not try with breast-milk? lol i dont know what do you think? crazy thinking of an over worked under rested mom of 4, or serious question to make u go hmmm? lol

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• i'v always wondered if you could make cheese with it. lol i guess you probably could.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• hmm im sure u could! might be fun to try! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• hmmm interesting i would try it lol let us know if u do
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 3:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't think I could pump out enough to even try LOL. I'd be interested in seeing someone's face when you told them what was in it though.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i googled it. lol apparently peta tried to get ben n jerry's to use human milk instead of cows milk. i bet if you looked around online you could find a recipe for it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I believe you can, as I've heard of moms making yogurt from it. You can also just freeze small portions, and offer them in the mesh feeders, or broken up in a bowl with a spoon. Or, freeze it in the popsicle makers with sticks in them.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have wondered that myself. lol
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• yes im sure you can if you can pump enough... and you can make cheese with it, DH was talking about it the other day being talked on the news or something.. i believe they made & sold the cheese as a business..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010