any advice for going to the beach w/ my 18 month old boy?

I am stressing over it because we havent gone out of town, and its a 3 hour drive... but I want to have fun and let him enjoy the beach.
any advice will be appreciated. Ty!

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 3:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure you take plenty of sunscreen and drinks. Take an umbrella or something so you will have a little shade to have him chill under for short breaks. Shoes that wont slip off in the sand are good to get from the car down to the water, sand is hot. A hat is always good and a change of clothes. Baby powder will get sand off, and take extra baby wipes for wiping hands when its time for a snack. Just try to enjoy yourself. Just remember to keep a close eye on him. Have fun!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 4:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I went to the beach with my 14 month old DD and she had a blast! She was fearless (but we kept trying to keep her from going out too deep). Then we played in the sand on the beach and built a sand castle while she destroyed it. Was a great outing :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Take some kind of cover - an umbrella, a small tent, etc. so you can escape from the sun! If there isn't a shower at the beach access you will be at, take some gallon jugs full of water (I always saved a couple of plastic milk jugs) to rinse off the ocean water and sand before the drive back.

Answer by missanc at 4:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Sunscreen, hats, lots of water, water shoes - - we're a 10 minute walk from the beach, so we spend a lot of time there in the summer, and this is my list of things we can't do without :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2010