how u potty train a 4 yr old with adhd

i tried everything to putting cherrios in the toliet and briving him nothing is working. i need help

jackie.jackson

Asked by jackie.jackson at 3:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son is adhd and autistic and was potty trained at 2 he got m&ms 1 for pee and for poo, we also showerd him with high 5's and always told he he was doing a awsome job!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My son has ADHD and was close to 4 after a loooong road potty training. My therapist told me he doesn't have the attention span to wait for a bigger prize or to earn a prize later, that he needed to be instantly rewarded right away with a sticker, candy, or small quarter machine, dollar store, party favor type toy. I about went broke, but we finally did get him potty trained.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 4:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i tried doing the candy thing he just quit doing it. he said the potty is scarey i even have a potty chair just for him he is being stubborn and wont do it. im getting iritated
    jackie.jackson

Comment by jackie.jackson (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2010