how do u deal with teenagers? adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• one day at a time.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't have one, but locking them up in a tower from about 11 to 30 sounds like an excellent plan. :)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Kiwiws, I like that can I steal it lol. Maybe lock up our DDs in the same one lol!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Could you be a little more specific? As in deal with them about what? We raised three with very little trouble and they have all turned out to be of very strong character.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• always have plan b

options options options.

Or then their is always the mall and 1$ each

Just thought of this yesterday. THey like to keep busy and have money, so I came up with 15 things(for teens) to make money

Dog washing
    Car wash
    Pick and sell berries
    take an elderly neighbors' dog or cat out for a walk
    Sell lemonade, ( or plan a stand with ice-cubes, cups, jug etc, ) have them use a wagon and go door to door
    Take out a neighbors garbage for 50c (XX that by 15 neighbors= $$$$)
    Clean their rooms for candy
    Go to library
    Make a doodle puzzle, and cut it out---remember in high school??
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Run errands for someone
    Have a garage sale, --yard items Give a foot rub for $1
    Decorate a hat with glue-paint
    Hunt for change at the ball park Paint somebody's porch
    Water Plants for an Old person
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• coffee, did you grow up in the '50's lol. JK but wow! Nobody ever suggested that to me lol .
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• not sure what you mean, but pick your battles...in the scheme of life is somthing they have done that annoys you or makes you angry REALLY worth being that way over it? let go of the little things. Hug them, kiss them if they let you, TALK to them, LISTEN to them, spend time with them, show an interest in the things they like give them a little space and always be honest with them and hoprfully they will be the same with you
    *my daughter is going on 17 and we have a GREAT relationship
    *my son is 14, and he hugged me about 10 times today!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I had a teen BEFORE I had small children... Having an open and honest relationship was always best in my opinion... I always gave them the benefit of the doubt, and talked things out... They knew what was expected of them and knew how I felt about just about everything... It was only when and IF they broke that trust that they had to earn it back... Honestly, I never had an issue.

Now, I have small children - I would prefer teens ANY day to these early years!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Don't be a controlling bitch...treat them as people and listen when they want to talk.
    when I was teen the pot smoking whores were the ones who had bitches for moms as assholes for dad's
    my mom respected me and appreciated everything I did, I also knew she had a temper and knew how to avoid it, we talked alot and she was caring and honest..
    I am now like that with my teens..granted things are not perfect but at the same time things are better here then most households...I know for a fact that my kids do not mind coming home and they have nothing to complain about.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2010