Would you propose to your man??????

i want to propose to my boyfriend he is the father of my babies and my best friend. We have talked about getting married and i have set a date but he keeps avoiding answering yes or no. He proposed like 4 years ago but it didn't really mean anything because he was drinking and being stupid so i wanted to propose to him on his b day which is the 7th and i don't know what to do i was going to take him to the movies but i don't really know how to do it... Any ideas???

hsammygirl

Asked by hsammygirl at 4:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I did propose to my husband. I drunk dialed him from Vegas and said "lets just get married!" so long story short, we did!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No I wouldn't
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Nah, I wouldn't.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I proposed to my husband too- though we weren't drunk :) We also eloped! Best thing I've ever done!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I wouldnt, but i think its pretty cool that you wanna! I like when people dont feel tied down by conventional ways of doing things!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My older sister asked her boyfriend of 5 years after she cooked his favorite dinner, invited us all over to have a cheerful environment and after we all went home she turned on his favorite tv show and asked him during commercial.
    I don't know how someone would go about it, but she did it that way. Now I was NOT there when she asked, so I have no idea what she said.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I didn't really propose... But I did more than he did. I said "I want you to have the power to make choices if anything happens to me, I don't want my mother to have it - We should get married" He said "Sure"

So I guess in some ways I did...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I have no plans on ever getting married again, so it doesn't bother me.

Though in all just let him know how you feel and propose to him.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I did! It worked out great. I didn't really do anything special, we were driving home from somewhere and I asked him, he said ok. simple as that.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 4:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• "We have talked about getting married and i have set a date but he keeps avoiding answering yes or no. "

really? who's been doing the talking, because to me it sounds like he's not ready. why do you think he's avoided the answer? i'm not hatin' on ya, OP, just realize that this may be something you are alone in doing. there's a lot of doubt coming from him. do you really want to push this knowing he's not ready to get married? just think about it.
    just because you propose, doesn't mean he'll say 'yes'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2010