Have you ever avoided sharing your news

just because you dont want to hear others opinions? DO you ever regret it? I find that its common for me to just keep my mouth shut and not share my exciting news with people if i think they wont have positive reactions. Maybe i shouldnt assume but i dont like taking a chance i suppose?! IDK!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i avoid telling my family alot of stuff about my sons developmental delays. i have to explain myself over and over and over, it gets annoying and than when he does do something and i share all excited they downplay it like "oh, why is this a big thing? hasent he been doing that for months now?". very annoying. so i mostly dont share
    poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 5:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i have avoided telling my news like when i was prego i waited until 16 weeks to tell my work cuz i just dont wanna hear them say aww poor sam or if it didnt work out they would ask me how im doing everyday omg i hate that lol but when i do tell i often regret telling cuz it doesnt work out the way i say it
    hsammygirl

Answer by hsammygirl at 4:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i wish we avoid telling MIL like I wanted. I wanted to wait till I was 20 weeks and found out the sex of the baby. We were heading to see family around that time anyways. I knew what my MIL response would have been and if we waited t tell her she wouldn't have sat there for over a month trying to convince us to have an abortion. (we were 21&23 yrs old and had a 1yr old living on our own in a different state)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• poshkat that sounds like my MIL! My sons, who's a year old, isn't walking and she sits there and tells me something must be wrong with him. I know there isn't he'll walk when he's ready
    My daughter who is almost 3 doesnt talk yet, yes she is in speech therapy but my MIL thinks she must be mentally retarded. She's a freaking smart girl just doesn't talk
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I didn't tell my dad I was pregnant this last time until I was 32 weeks and we live with him.  I also didn't tell him about the 2 previous pregnancies.  The one before I miscarried at 12 weeks and that's when he found out and the one before that he found out about after I had the baby.  He just happened to call me while I was in the hospital so I told him he had a new granddaughter.  He thinks anyone that has kids is crazy and having more than 1 or 2 is extra crazy and stupid.  We just had baby #5.  I didn't tell a lot of people about this last one.  The only family that knows is my in-laws and they found out at about 26 weeks and my cousins that are on my facebook.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• what are you afraid of? other people's opinions? why would you give more weight to what others think than to what YOU think?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Aww...having people come down on you when your excited about a baby is the worst! Im pretty sensitive any way, but when i told my mom she didnt talk to me for a whole day!!
    sweetstkissez22

Comment by sweetstkissez22 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• My sons father and I broke up 2 months ago. I've recently been talking to a friend who is in the army. In September he has a 30 day leave. He and I have decided that I will fly down there to TX (where he's stationed) and we will drive back together so he doesn't have to do it alone. I live and he's from NY. I haven't told anyone because honestly, I don't want to hear their opinions. They'll find out when I'm getting ready to go to the airport. DS will stay with my ex for the few days I'll be gone. I'm so excited. I honestly cannot wait. But why tell so everyone can ruin my bubble? Congrats to all of you for finding out before anyone else =]
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I do, I prefer being discreet about things until they are what/where I wish them to be,, for example, I wouldnt tell people if I have a job interview until I actually get the job,,

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 6:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Ayuh, I do. There are a lot of kill-joys out there if I have good news and I hate to bring anyone down with bad news. LOL
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010