when to take a test

Ok I had my period on the 17 of sept. and ovulated the 29 and 30. But my cycles are 26 days so I would start the 12. and my dodctor wants to check me 15 days after having sex. so if i do take apregnancy test early how early should i take it or should i wait till I miss?

sucio15

Asked by sucio15 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The earliest I recommend taking a test is 10 days after you ovulate, but just know that they results are not 100% at that time. The longer you can wait the better.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 2:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would say 11 or 12 dpo. And make sure it is first morning urine so it is concentrated.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Tracking you fertility is the best test out there... it uses your own body temp to give you results you would normall have to wait for...
    You can also ask your Dr for a blood test which the HCG hormone doubles every day you are preggers..... if you got pregnant when you ovulated you could test with blood as early as Oct 5th and see if you are....
    orkibe3

Answer by orkibe3 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i took the frist respon test it tells you 5 days after your missed period but make sure you take right when you wake up .
    aidensmom262

Answer by aidensmom262 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I took my pregnancy test nine days after my ovulating and it came out positive for me. I used the dollar store test.
    PaulaVanessa

Answer by PaulaVanessa at 11:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008