What do you pack in your hospital bag for delivery?

What things are essential for the big "D" day? What should I find out before I go to the hospital to have my baby?

expectJan21

Asked by expectJan21 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• OH and pack a couple snacks bc sometimes they wont let you eat in between actual meals so bring snacks so you don't starve.

Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Here's what I take...

Nightgown - stay away from PJ pants, they will just get ruined...
    Thick Socks & Slippers
    Nursing Bra if you plan to BF
    Cheap undies at least 1 size to big (or you can wear the mesh ones they give you)
    Books/Games/something to keep you busy
    Ear Plugs & Eye Mask
    Toothbrush, shampoo & conditioner, brush, etc...
    Go Home Outfit
    clothes for baby
    Blankets for baby - at least 2
    paci - if you're planning on useing

I also suggest some kind of snacks for days 2-3...
    IF you smoke take e-cigarettes or patches as well.

You may also want to take your own pads, but they will provide them for you...

DO NOT TAKE pain meds, because they could counteract with hospital meds or cause an overdose while you're weak.
    No Cell Phones in most hospitals either!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I brought an extra pair of comfy cloths, hair brush, tooth brush and tooth paste, and slippers. I wore my slippers home.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• clothes for the baby, and you to go home in. hair and tooth brush, socks. that's really all i brought. maybe a nursing bra. i had dh bring his own stuff cuz i didnt know what he wanted to bring. and he ended going home for a while before we left the hospital anyway.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I put in all of what tryin2BGOOD put in and breath mints for my hubby ( I didn't want him saying 'breathe, breathe' in my face and me getting irritated at his breath). I put in lotion for him to give me a massage. A camera so I could take pics of my little on right away. I also put in a bit of make up so I could look and feel decent coming home. I also put in an outfit for the baby.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• well lets see i didnt have time to pack a bag bc she was born at 29wks but you will need soap, shampoo, toothpaste and brush..plenty of underware and bras..pads if you are not gonna use whats provided..a comfy pillow..babys clothes and necessities and something that will be plenty big if for some reason you swell after delivery...i sure did and couldnt wear any of my clothes...oh and you will need slippers to wear from the bathroom to your bed..cause hospital floors give me the creeps...good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Make sure they're comfy clothes like PP said, and not like sexy jeans or something, you'll still have a tummy and maternity clothes would be best to pack. Shower stuff, an outfit for baby to go home in. Phone charger, camera charger...
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Comfy clothes, a robe, lotion so ur SO can massage u, breast pads,and don't forget stuff for SO. I forgot my dh's stuff he didn't want to go home so he went without
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 5:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• You may also want to include - if your bag is big enough - a blanket and change for your DH who may be there as much as you are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• a book, phone numbers, incase your cell isnt allowed
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2010