did you..?

did you experience postpartum depression? if yes, how did you get over it?

mommy_sam

Asked by mommy_sam at 5:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• With my middle son I did. It was the same time that Suzanne Smith drowned her kids. I cried and cried and looked at her on Good Morning America and said "Oh my God, she did something to her kids!" long before they found out what happened.

IDK, I think it just kinda went away.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No, I had pregnancy deppression from having to stop cold turkey paxil while pregnant.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• No I didn't.

Answer by older at 5:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I didn't but my SIL did. She had a bad time of it. She had meds and went to counseling. All was OK later on but it was rough for her.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I was depressed before I was pregnant so I went off my meds and I think the new baby thing sort of coated over my emotions so I was ok, but my relationship with SO hit the fan and we finally just broke up after being miserable for 2 years. We're closer now than we were when we were together.
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I did not have post partum depression at all. Look for hidden anger at someone or some situation. Deal with it and the depression will go away.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I don't think I did.
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Yes, almost to the point of PPP (Psychosis) with my oldest... My advise is to Get Help! I got pregnant again right away and the new hormones really were all that helped... But that's not what I would suggest to someone else! Call your doctor and get help - PPD can and will turn to PPP and you can end up being a major danger to both yourself and your new baby...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I was a little tearful and hormonal for a day or two but it went away. Lots of women have it, and it's fairly normal in mild forms.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I didn't, I took lots of B6, and I think that helped. At first, I had a hard time nursing, but got that down and it was bliss. Then, I learned how to sleep and nurse- MUCH BETTER!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2010