how can i get my 2 year old off his baby food?

amo86

Asked by amo86 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would make food easier for him to eat. I for one example used to peel and chop up hot dogs for my daughter, fed her pudding cups, and even mashed boiled potatoes and carrots together for her. She decided to start eating food off my plate. So I would make things she could pick up with her fingers.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Just start introducing him to your food. A little here and there until that is all he is eating.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• he eats anything and everything its just his waking up 3 r 4 times during the night for his milk bottle ive tried him on ordinary cows milk but he wont drink it off a night time
    amo86

Comment by amo86 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• After you brush his teeth at night, he should only have water.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• just stop giving it to him. he will be mad a couple of nights but in my experience within 2 or 3 nights they get over it. throw away the bottles..... a 2yo does not need bottles
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree. Just stop giving it to him. Its more than likely damaging his teeth at that age. They want bottles gone by 15 months so they dont damage teeth.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• 1. A 2 year old should not be on a bottle. Keeping a child on a bottle too long will mess up their teeth.
    2. Stop giving him the bottle at night and if you feel like you have to ween, don't give it as often make him wait 4 hours and then 6 hours, and then just stop. A child this age should be STTN without any milk or formula.
    TheJs

Answer by TheJs at 10:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I'm torn on this one - - I know that it's still developmentally appropriate for kids this age to wake at night and want to eat, and if you were nursing I would have no problems with it at all - - however, bottles at 2 yrs old are a big no-no for oral development, and formula that sits in their mouth overnight can cause decay and cavities. I'd suggest offering a sippy of water and seeing if that would help.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2010