What is a good curfew for a 16 year old?

I just wondering i would say 10... what do you think??

mybabyjr

Asked by mybabyjr at 6:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I can't say anything specific, when my daughter is 16 I don't know if I'll let her out past 8 or 9, but it depends on where she is, and who she is with. I don't intend to lock mine up, but I'm sure not going to let her run around doing who knows what and hope she gets home in time...I might be a little paranoid, but I don't trust kids that age to have good judgement, ever...I don't care if it's a church group...they still screw up!
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We don't do curfews... We expect that we can contact them any time and they answer the phone. We expect that whenever they do get home they were not out drinking or getting in trouble. Past 10 (local curfew) they have to be in doors at a friends house or other public or school event or place. We also expect that no matter what time they come home they aren't late getting moving the next day enough to be late for or miss school, work or other obligatory appointments...

Now, although we give them the trust to begin with, if they break it they loose it... And they have to earn it back by proving that they are mature enough and responsible enough for it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• 10
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 6:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Depends on the city you are in. Some cities have city wide curfews fo all kids under 18.

Answer by louise2 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• I agree with all the answers above.Day of the week,maturity.compile them all together and you can't go wrong. Good Luvk
    blessedmeme

Answer by blessedmeme at 6:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i would say 10 is good for summer and weekends but i would go earlier on school nights
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• my parents did it based on what day of the week it wuz like weekends later then weekdays and pretty much didnt want me out during the week
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• It depends on how mature they are and what they are doing. Mine was usually 11 at that age
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• kk what i am wondering is during summer time... during school days she comes home and homework and no hanging out but once in a while and that not often, but during summer or weekends.//
    mybabyjr

Comment by mybabyjr (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• i think 10 is good enough
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 6:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2010